top of page

Ongoing Chakra Check-In Class

Public·98 members
Ryan Gomez
Ryan Gomez

The LG G6 Will Be An Extremely Safe Phone

I'll cut to the chase: if your primary concern with the LG G6 was that it simply didn't seem like a proper flagship phone, I can safely assure you that the new V30 is. Its 6" QHD+ OLED display finally brings LG smartphones into the OLED era, though I do have my concerns with this screen even having only used the phone for under a day. The Snapdragon 835 processor is the best chipset Qualcomm has on offer, so that's an easy sell, and LG's included its Quad DAC in all models of the V30 for maximum audiophile authority (I, for one, am pleased the V30 has a headphone jack at all). The all metal and glass construction combined with a surprisingly low weight make the V30 feel premium and modern - I'd go so far as to say this is a significant visual refinement even upon what LG achieved with the already-handsome G6.

The LG G6 will be an extremely safe phone

As I said, I really think the V30 takes what LG accomplished with the glass-sandwich design of the G6 and just makes it better. The V30 has more naturally curved, polished metal edges (very Samsung-esque), and the even further-reduced display bezel allowed by the OLED screen puts the V30 right up against the latest from Samsung in terms of sheer visual flare. The rear of the phone gently curves around the back to be more comfortable in hand, the fingerprint scanner is placed in an easily-accessible area below the camera module (safe from the risk of accidental lens smudges) and, like those of LG phones for the past couple years, doubles as a power key. The scanner seems fast and accurate to me so far.

My initial impression of the screen is that it seems to get quite bright, it has helpful color modes similar to those on Samsung phones, and viewing angles are truly excellent. You get wonderfully low black levels, and the minimal bezel around the screen is genuinely impressive. Here's the thing: I'm already noticing banding patterns reminiscent of older Samsung OLED panels. They're pretty noticeable at lower brightness, especially on shades of gray. This is far from a deal-breaker - most people will simply never notice - but if you were expecting LG had upped its screen game to Samsung's level overnight, it's probably time to temper your expectations a bit.

There are no major departures from LG's existing Nougat-based software on the G6 to be found on the V30. I also am testing a Korea-market version of the phone which comes loaded with a ton of bloatware I had to remove, and some of the various settings and options will probably vary regionally, as they always tend to with LG phones.

LG's skin really isn't my favorite visually, but it's easy enough to use and doesn't stray too far from stock Android functionally. There's an always-on display, a "floating bar" that LG kind of half-assedly claims acts as a stand-in for the old secondary display (it doesn't, not that I think the secondary display will be at all missed), LG's tap-to-wake feature, and most of the other light modifications you'd expect on an LG phone. Really, there isn't terribly much to say about this phone's software feature set that you couldn't say about the G6 - not that there's anything wrong with that, inherently, just to say that LG doesn't focus too much of its attention on Samsung-esque gimmickry.

I'll be using this preproduction V30 a fair bit in the coming weeks, but you'll only see our full review once we get a US retail unit in our hands that will properly handle the networks here, and is running software that's closer to finished. I've already encountered a few bugs on this tester, and that's not unusual, so I'll reserve my comments until I've used the phone in the state LG intends to ship it to customers.

No annoying notifications since I did it. And yes, now the phone is charging through the USB port. However I'm not sure what's going to happen if you will get real water in usb port and not system malfunction. If you do it, you do it at your own risk. Good luck.

Sorry for my English, I'm Brazilian using a translator, my solution briefly (not permanently) was to turn off the phone in safe mode, holding the on and off button, and pressing It on the screen you will see security option

Our phone holders are constructed out of durable, high-grade ABS plastic, so you will find them to be extremely sturdy and long lasting. We have holders for your phone whether you use a phone case or not, as well as a couple charging holder options. Find your LG G6 phone holder today!

Other information that are backed up on cloud services such as Google or iCloud will not be transferred during the process but they will be instantly available when you access your cloud account from the new phone.

You can transfer data from your IPhone to a new LG phone. You may need to get USB connector (OTG) in order to connect the two phones together. The steps below will show you how to transfer data from your old iOS phone to your new phone (using G6 as an example) using LG Mobile Switch. The method shown is wired, via USB OTG (On-The-Go).

LG Bridge is a DESKTOP application that is already replacing LG PC Suite on latest phone models. But if your device is not compatible with LG Bridge, you will need to download and install LG PC Suite. With LG Bridge, you can perform the following:

After the lackluster reception of its unique, modular-like G5, LG decided not to double-down with another quirky approach to mods. Instead, it reversed course, toed the party line and released the more traditional G6. Gone is that funky hot-swappable chin. In its place is a slim, water-resistant build whose screen takes up an enviable 80 percent of the phone face. For LG, this is the safer but smarter play since the G6 has to do battle with the -pixel-phone/OnePlus 3T, the Google Pixel phones and the Samsung Galaxy S8. So does it usurp its biggest South Korean rival, the S8? Not exactly. On paper, the G6 doesn't have as powerful a processor and as long-lasting a battery. LG fans will also be disappointed that said battery is no longer removable (then again, neither is the S8's). And while earlier LG was set to announce its big-screen, small-bezel phone, Samsung's S8 takes the same basic idea and adds more elegance with a unique curved-edge twist.

LG took a chance with the G5 and when that became a dud, it switched gears and made the G6 like every other flagship you see now (and will probably keep seeing throughout 2017). That's not exactly a bad thing though. By going with a simple, sleek design, a water-resistant body and a feature-packed camera, LG is giving phone users what they want. Covering the basics may be boring, but it works when you do it right (and even better when you can do it for a cheaper price). In the case of the G6, while it doesn't have anything novel or buzzworthy, it's LG's most marketable and widely-appealing phone yet.

Ubergizmo was part of a US media group that visited the LG Pyeongtaek facility (aka LG Digital Park) in Korea where battery testing happens. LG manufactures its own batteries and has test facilities that will use a range of techniques to make sure that battery design and manufacturing (two very distinct things) are safe.

The YouTube test demonstrated that the phone's metal frame is extremely durable and resistant to scratches. The fingerprint scanner is also scratch-proof, like the iPhone 7 and OnePlus 3. The use of Gorilla Glass 3 on the front offers a 40% increase in scratch resistance when compared to Gorilla Glass 5, which is why the 2013 version is utilized on a 2017 flagship phone. The 16-megapixel rear camera also uses a scratch-resistant camera lens, as demonstrated in the video.

It's clear from this scratch, burn, and bend test that the LG G6 will be a solid contender for the strongest and most durable phone in 2017. What are your thoughts on LG's build quality? Let us know in the comment section below, and if you're interested, check out JerryRigEverything's full video:

When you boot your device to safe mode, it only runs the pre-installed applications. This will normally allow you to check whether another app is causing the bug. And booting it to safe mode is pretty simple;

A case is, of course, useful if you've got butterfingers. Many will protect your phone once it's left your fingers and is on the way toward the ground. But not all cases add the grip that helps to prevent drops from happening in the first place.

In addition to protecting your phone from every angle, it raises the screen from touching any surface, like a table, by 1mm. This might not seem like a big deal, but it basically guarantees that your screen will, too, remain scratch-free long after you apply Trainium's case.

Hint number three just dropped a couple days ago, courtesy of LG itself again in a piece by the Korea Herald, which saw LG's mobile division chief Lee Seok-jong talk up why the G6's battery is very safe -- unlike, you know, that other Korean phone that caught fire this past fall. The gist of it LG has "reinforced safety measures," like putting the heat-generating parts "as far as possible" within the phone, and building a heat pipe inside the phone to disperse heat.

I'm sure during the G6 announcement, LG will ease concerns by explaining how the G6's battery will last more than a day, and that it's developed some crazy quick charge that will pump an insane number of juice in minutes, etc, etc. And I'll agree with it mostly. As I've written about recently, Android phones made significant leaps in battery life efficiency all across the board in 2016. I can't get any of my Chinese phones to run out of juice before my day ends -- and my days go until 2am at least -- and my LG V20 and Galaxy Note 7 both lasted me much longer than the previous year's phones too. I haven't had to use my portable battery charging brick in months -- that thing used to be a daily necessity. The point is, I think battery tech has gotten there. We don't need removable batteries anymore.

Love LG's high end phones........ BUT!!!!! Terrible QC and durability!!! V10 was probably the best phone I ever had! Brilliant audio and very good camera. Yes, there are phones with better IQ but the user interface was so good, I only ever use manual mode and I had no problem with its IQ. Of course bigger sensor, better dynamic range and less noise will always be welcome.After a few months, my V10 started to have ghost image on the LCD. After 1 year, just after the warrenty expired, the phone went into boot loop and couldn't boot up. This was supposed to be LG's flagship and I bought it at a premium price! Only lasted 1 year? Good job LG!I now use a HTC 10 and in many way, it's a much better phone then my old V10 but the camera interface just isn't quite as good, although the IQ is a bit better. I still miss my V10 but buying a LG again? NEVER!!!!

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page