top of page

Ongoing Chakra Check-In Class

Public·68 members
Matthew Rogers
Matthew Rogers

The Passion Of The Christ (2004)

A. ADL and its representatives have never accused Mr. Gibson of being an anti-Semite. We do not know what is in his heart. We only know what he has put on the movie screen. The images there show Romans who behave with compassion toward Jesus. The Roman governor, Pontius Pilate, constantly expresses his reticence to harm Jesus. The Jews, on the other hand, are depicted as blood-thirsty. The Jewish High Priest, Caiaphas, is shown as bullying Pilate, and the hundreds and hundreds of amassed Jews demanding Jesus' death.

The Passion of the Christ (2004)

Our global team is driven by our passion for languages that transcends every word we translate. If you need a professional translation or interpretation done, with the highest quality and fast turnaround time, we invite you to get a free quote online or contact us 24/7!

The film, which opens February 25, has stirred passions and controversy for months, with many critics speculating on Gibson's motives for making it. He is a member of a traditionalist Catholic sect that opposes some recent Vatican reforms, including saying the mass in English.

"He was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; by His wounds we are healed" (Isaiah 53:5). This is the verse that begins the masterpiece, The Passion of the Christ (2004), which is the story that director, co-writer, and co-producer, Mel Gibson tells in this film, which happens to be the greatest story ever told. For those that are not Christian, the reason this is the greatest story ever told is because it is the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which translates to the good news. God created us for a purpose, and we sinned against Him. We were separated from the love of God, but out of His love for us He sent down His one and only son, Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for our sins. He received the punishment we all deserved for our rebellion against God. He then resurrected on the third day, conquering death. If we believe in Him and follow Him, we will have eternal life in the Kingdom of God; this is the good news, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Passion of the Christ follows the final twelve hours of Jesus Christ's (Jim Caviezel) life here on earth on the day of His crucifixion in Jerusalem, showing in great detail the suffering that He experienced for our sake. Since Easter is this Sunday, God has called me to write this review, and I am excited to share it with you all. I pray that both Christians and non-Christians will find something from this review, and consider watching the film if they have not seen it.

In a film like this, period detail is essential, and Gibson and company accomplished something really special with this film, fully immersing us into the time in which Jesus lived and died. Francesco Frigeri's production design and Maurizio Millenotti's costume design are made with such passion and historical detail that makes the film all the richer. Every set is designed to perfection, and every costume feels uniquely made, with such care. It feels like one is going through a time machine. The period detail shines the most through Caleb Deschanel's exquisite cinematography. The colors that Deschanel and Gibson primarily use are blue, orange, and beige that envelope the frame to immerse us in Jesus's time and also elicit in the audience a precise emotional response. For example, the scene of Jesus's agony in the Garden of Gethsemane, the main color used is a dark blue to signify night, but more importantly, blue is a perfect color to express the pain that Jesus is feeling in that moment, knowing He is going to die for all of humanity.

The Passion of the Christ (2004) is an extremely important film, and one that holds a special place in my heart as a devoted follower of Jesus Christ. It reveals how much suffering Jesus endured so that we may be saved. The film is expertly directed by Gibson, who in collaboration, with other great filmmakers, such as director of photography, Deschanel create the quintessential film about Jesus Christ being who He is, the savior of the world. Caviezel also shines as the Lord, fully committing himself to having the audience see Jesus Christ, rather than him. If you have not seen this film, now, during Holy Weekend is the perfect time to watch it to see how much Jesus suffered for us. If you have seen the film, now is the perfect time to rewatch it. Lastly, and most importantly, if you want to talk to someone about following Jesus Christ, do not hesitate to message me. I would love to talk with you! Thank you, God bless you all.

The film is a retelling of the timeframe between Jesus' prayers for strength in Gethsemane through to a wordless epilogue for Easter Sunday's resurrection. Gibson's great passion play creates a shocking psychological reaction through intense violence, which is tempered by your ideological beliefs and psychological makeup. It stays mostly true to the Gospels, although even they have conflicting elements, and also includes some material from the Dolorous Passion by Anne Catherine Emmerich. Bible study isn't my field of expertise, so I shall have to work from memory and Gibson's film to extrapolate meaning.

And indeed, Mary, John and Magdalene suffer openly with Jesus. A particularly deeply felt moment comes as Jesus falls under the weight of the cross, and Mary sees Jesus falling as a young child. This scene is woven together for brilliantly manipulative impact, and it's like a sledgehammer on our senses. We have suffered empathetically with Jesus's physical torture, and to feel his mother's suffering as her son is led to his death is almost unbearable. The quoted dialogue "See, mother, I make all things new" is heartbreaking, and the music cue used here flows into the suffering and compassion with such strength, that I struggled to contain myself. The physical violence I could take, but I unashamedly wept for this simple human story. The unconditional love of a mother for her child, juxtaposed perfectly as God's love for humanity.

The Passion Of The Christ is one of the most fascinating and empathetically painful films I've ever had to watch. The ferocious imagery sears the eyes and at the same time, it is also uncannily beautiful. It may not challenge my beliefs, nor do I agree with others in theirs. Gibson is a solid storyteller, and I appreciate him and this deeply passionate (which is indeed the appropriate word for the film) and personal work. This is one of the best films of the year.

\"I hope that most people see it, Diane, as a passion of love,\" Foxman said. \"Maybe whenit's all over, in a sobering manner, we'll be able to come back and look each other in the face and say, 'We have to deal with this hatred that's still out there.'\" 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members